PICA Issues Staff Report on City’s 4th Quarter City Manager’s Report
In PICA’s Staff Report on the City’s 4th Quarter City Manager’s Report the City ended the fiscal year with $76.5 million more in the General Fund than initially projected in the Five Year Plan. In addition, the City collected $34 million more in tax revenues than projected in the Plan.
Other significant findings include:
- On-time waste collection declined to 76% in FY15.
- Households receiving financial assistance for homelessness prevention and for ending homelessness increased for the first time since 2012 due to a partnership between the Office of Supportive Housing and Philadelphia Housing Authority.
- Overtime increased $37.6 million above the initial Five Year Plan estimate.
- Dependent children in placement increased 16%– from 4,473 in FY14 to 5,184 in FY15– due to new laws changing the definition of child abuse and stricter reporting requirements.
- Visitors to Recreation Department facilities increased by 56 thousand and acres of grass mowed also increased.
To view the complete PICA Report click here.